Are required to work alongside the classroom teacher to provide extra in class support and regular interventions for your child.
The SENCO has day-to-day responsibility for the operation of SEND policy and co-ordinating of specific provision made to support your child.
Provide professional guidance to colleagues with the aim of securing high quality teaching for your child and works closely with staff, parents and other agencies.
Work with professionals providing a support role to families to ensure that your child receives appropriate support and high quality teaching.
To use provision maps and data to look at the progress your child has made (after each term).
Head Teacher - Mrs Johnson
In addition to supporting and liaising with the SENCO, the Head teacher is responsible for:
· Overseeing the use of financial resources, staffing levels and staff deployment.
· Developing policies on class organisation/pupil groupings.
· Providing staff development, in-service training for governors, teachers and teaching assistants.
· Have regard to the SEND code in all school planning. [School Improvement Plan].
Governors - Mick Gamble
Governors are informed by the Head teacher/ SENCO through annual reports and during regular meetings. They are also responsible for -
· Develop and monitor the school’s SEND policy.
· Ensure he is up-to-date and knowledgeable about the school’s SEND provision, including how funding, equipment and personnel are used.
· Make sure that SEND is an important part of the school improvement plan.
· Make sure that the quality of SEND provision is continually monitored.
· Establish appropriate staffing and funding.
· Endeavour to secure necessary provision.