PE and Sport Premium at Anthony Bek 2017-18
Click here for the Department for Education link to the Primary School's Sports Funding page.
Primary school PE and school sport funding
1. In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
2. Funding is allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils, including: primary, middle, special and non-maintained special schools, academies and pupil referral units. Schools currently receive a block of £16, 000 + £10 per child (Y1-6).
3. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that we should use the premium to:
4. There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
In 2017-2018, our Sport Premium Funding is £18.850. Please see the document below for details on how we plan to spend this, including the impact of the spending made so far.
We continue to invest in our affiliation to the Bolsover District School Sport Partnership (BDSSP). BDSSP is passionate about improving the lives of young people, by providing opportunities through Physical Education and Sport. BDSSP will provide a core package to support the school in;
· Continuous professional development signposting and support
· Inclusion training and support
· Curriculum support
· PE and School Sport Audit
Level 1 School Games (intra-school) support
Provides a pathway for 12 sports at KS2 to link to Level 3 School Games event
Membership of the Derbyshire School Sports Association
Entry to the Champion School programme
Leadership & Volunteering
· Mini Leader programme - training / mentoring
Club & Community Links
· Signposting to local clubs through competition programme
· Sport specific support
Talent Identification & Development
· Rising Stars talent programme
· Pupil and Parent workshops
A co-ordinated approach to developing your playground to enable as many pupils as possible to be as active as possible
Bikeability programme (Y6)
Balanceability programme (KS1)
Change 4 Life / Physical Activity Hub programme
Golden Mile Physical Activity training and support
Support for schools to achieve School Games Kitemark for PE and Sport
Sharing of good practice through regular PLT/Headteacher meetings at cluster and SSP level (min 3 per year)
School Sport Partnership Conference (KS1 event)
Youth Sport Trust Introductory membership